summer evenings on the island
If you’ve been:
- physically abused
- verbally abused
- unbelievably stressed
- had your heart broken
- dealing/dealt with your parents separating
- hiding stuff from friends/family cause you’re scared of being judged
- judged for something you can’t help
- self harmed
….Then reblog this to show people what reality is like for you.
What if its many of these?
Damson & Sloe Gin
- 300g damsons
- 300g sloes
- 250g sugar
- Peel of 1 orange
- 1litre gin
- Prick the fruits all over with a cocktail stick or pin then pop them in a big kilner jar (alternatively for the ultimate lazy version just freeze them and then defroast them, the freezing process breaks down the fruits but I kinda like sitting at the kitchen table and stabbing them all).
- Add the orange zest and top up with gin and seal. Keep in a cool dark cupboard (so that you retain the lovely colour of the fruits) and every few days/once a week just agitate the jar a bit to help things along.
- Leave for at least 3 months then have a taste. If it needs more sugar now is the time to do it before leaving it for a bit longer until the sugar dissolves.
- Once happy with the sweetness strain through muslin into glass bottles and put back into the dark cupboard. You can drink it now but it will get better over time and if you can manage to leave it until next Christmas then you really will be in for an amazing treat.